- Two Brothers aged 9 have been killed after stabbing incident in Charleville, Co.Cork. A third body was also found, 16kms south.
- Prison Officers have announced work stoppages for two prisons later this month.
- Labour TD has stated that campaigner Philomena Lee deserves and apology from the state.
- Talks between Greyhound Recycling Company and SIPTU have adjourned at the Labour Relations Commission.
- Bishop objects to LGBT centre grant on moral grounds.
- NATO leaders agree Russia should face more sanctions for its actions in eastern Ukraine.
- Women found beheaded in London back garden.
- UK to arm Kurds fighting in Northern Iraq
- The death toll from the ebola virus has risen to more than 1,900 – WHO.
- Suicide kills 1 in every 40 seconds – WHO.
- Oklahoma, medical failures to blame for botched execution.
- Columbia University Senior to Carry Dorm Mattress Around Campus in Call for Rapist’s Expulsion.
- Fast Food workers in the United States to hold national strike for $15 wage.
- Comedian Joan Rivers dies aged 81.
- More than 35 people have been killed in heavy monsoon rain in Pakistan.
- Protesters camp outside the parliament in Pakistan.
- South Korean soldiers face murder charge after bullying claim.
- Lesotho Prime Minister forced into hiding after claims of an attempted military coup on Saturday.
- Rare outbreak of Dengue fever in Tokyo.
- 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Peru.
- Caribbean storm Cristobal strengthens.
- UN calls for the release of Fijian peacekeepers held by Syrian Rebels.
- Asteroid 2014 RC to pass earth by 25,000 miles this Sunday.
Soucres: Irish Times, The Journal, CNN, BBC, The Guardian and Time.