If we vote no! will we be asked again ?
If we vote yes! will we be asked again ? I surely doubt it. I remember the referendum on the Lisbon treaty and how Irish people said NO! but yet the government asked the question again to achieve the answer they were seeking. They! the government ignored the democratic process and the vote of the people of Ireland to satisfy Europe.
It is extraordinary how such a small population (0.5% of the whole of Europe) can have such an effect on Europe if only when it comes to referendums.
In my opinion we should be asked ‘Do we accept the fiscal treaty and all that comes with it ? obviously not in those words but it should not be bigger or smaller than that.
I feel and see as this financial crisis continues, that which we say we fight for ‘democracy’ is been ripped apart in the name of bond holders. I a citizen of the world and a supporter and believer in equality and justice does not approve of the actions taken by governments around the world and urge those in positions of power and influence to stand for that which is morally correct and not for banks or the minority that are destroying society.
- Anonymous,important message to the people of ireland.(Fiscal compact treaty referendum) (thepressnet.com)
- Farmers group wants Ireland to follow Iceland and burn the bondholders (12160.info)
- Farmers group wants Ireland to follow Iceland and burn the bondholders (farmersforno.eu)
- This Week At The Irish Election Literature Blog (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- The Fiscal Compact referendum : launch of “no” on-line poster (namawinelake.wordpress.com)
- The Stability Treaty: How are you voting? (ocaoimh.ie)
- court case to force the Government to hold a separate referendum on the ESM Treaty set to proceed (thepressnet.com)
- Ireland may get concessions in exchange for ‘yes’ on EU fiscal treaty (csmonitor.com)
- The Euro’s Latest Drama: Fickle Ireland Sets Vote on Fiscal Treaty (time.com)
- Ireland to hold referendum on EU fiscal treaty (business.financialpost.com)