If you are like me And sometimes wonder why certain things happen, what the UN Security council is about and what’s more important in the eyes of governments all over the world well you Dont need to think hard because its happening right in front of your eyes.
The worlds powers do not hesitate to save banks in Europe while the people carry the burden of reckless greed, society is reshaped to lower wages of workers to suit the cost of business but when it comes to intervening in Syria they have no action. This is because each country has their own interests and will act according to them and not in the interests of those who are actually struggling.
The US calls Russia and China disgusting for their veto of a resolution but yet they seem to forget it was the US and Britain who ignored the council when they invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.
This is the world we live in and I must say its not one which gives me pride or happiness.
- UN’s options in Syria are poor to nonexistent (theglobeandmail.com)
- Syria Sees Mass Protests Following Bombings (blogs.voanews.com)
- In Syria, the U.N. Security Council Fails the World (The Kochi Shimbun, Japan) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Rising Democracies Take on Russia and China (nationalinterest.org)
- UN head sees possible crimes against humanity in Syria (arabnews.com)
- Annan: Syria Could Plunge Into Civil War (israelnationalnews.com)
- Resolution on Syria passed by UN General Assembly (rt.com)
- Assembly chief: End Security Council veto (upi.com)
- MID Official Sez Russia Will Veto Any Military Intervention in Syria Raised at the UN (02varvara.wordpress.com)
- China’s Troubling Syria Veto (the-diplomat.com)